Sunday, August 12, 2012

savorfull

A good friend of mine sent me to check out Savorfull's facebook page (thanks again, Amy!).  I didn't know what it was, but because my life has been revolving around food allergies, she thought it was extremely pertinent.

I quickly went to the website, and man.  What a fantastic company!  Savorfull is a food delivery subscription service that sends out a sampler box of allergen free foods each month.  They are a very new company, and the plan is to be able to customize each box to the subscribers' food sensitivities.  Currently, all of the products they send out are wheat, gluten, peanut, and dairy free.

I was very excited when my own box arrived..





It was filled with all kinds of goodies.  Delicious cookies, a gluten free bar, crackers (I still insist that everyone with allergies read all of the ingredients, as both bags of crackers contained sesame seeds.  Delicious for me though!), chicken broth, and a soy cookbook.  

Having a kid with food allergies is challenging enough.  But with a company like this, that finds allergen free products and ships them right to your doorstep, it not only makes my research into what's out there relatively non existent, but it also gives me hope.  If a company that deals solely with food allergies can thrive (and I'm not talking locally in Michigan- their national and overseas markets are really taking off), that opens the eyes of businesses everywhere.  The prevalence of food allergies is only increasing.  And people are starting to pay attention.

Thank you, Savorfull!

No comments:

Post a Comment